Please note you are looking at an event that has already happened.
Our social work student intern from Stony Brook University provides patrons with information, referrals and paperwork for housing, treatment, social services and more.
She can help with:
- Food Pantries
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Social Services / Disability: completing forms from the Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Employment: locating employment programs; filing applications
- Crisis Support: locating facilities and services, emotional support
- Legal: locating free legal services and advocacy
- Domestic Violence: locating facilities and services for victims
- Housing: locating emergency services and housing
- Mental Health Services: referrals to mental health & substance abuse resources
- Financial Aid: completing forms for medical expenses / school
- Wellness: locating support, mindfulness or other self-care related groups and activities